Wednesday, July 28, 2004

New Flash

From previous experience I would suggest not to go to bed angry. Likewise it does not seem to me a good idea to go to bed drunk (sober up before going to bed - my tip for not getting hangovers).

I am so delighted to exchange a few (printed) words with Robert Anton Wilson. If you don't know who I am talking about, I am not going to explain. If you do, I don't need to.

Makes me laugh, makes me think, makes me want to get up in the morning and get on with my day - what more could anyone ask of anyone else?

So - he's 72, got post-polio syndrome, still more lively than a lot of my local friends. It made me think...58 years can't be described as old.  Well....but...I lost my best (peer group male) friend 10 years ago, this Halloween.

Suddenly I realised that, if my dad had got a bit of life extension, he would have made it to 100 times around the Sun this August....  'Birthday' doesn't explain very well, if you don't agree on the calendar. I like the Spanish - cumpleaños - complete years. Geddit? When (as we say) you 'are' 1 year old, you have completed one year (what I call once round the sun).

I have completed 58 circuits...58 complete years, and some...

It's only numerology (and the Gregorian Calendar) but I might have to make a little ritual gesture 100 years after my dad arrived on the planet...I guess.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails