Friday, October 08, 2004

Curb Your Enthusiasm

It's great working in a library - today I noticed we had bought the first series of Curb Your Enthusiasm. We didn't have the UK tv channel that was showing this series, so I have only seen one episode until now.

I knew that Larry David was the mind behind Seinfeld (most specifically portrayed by George) but I didn't know much more. I knew the director was Bob Weide cos I am on his mailing list, and bought his special on W.C.Fields (on video, as I got tired of waiting for his DVD deal to come through), but haven't got the Marx Brothers in a Nutshell yet (still hoping for DVD).

I have just watched the HBO special and the interview, and it is a joy. The Great Man himself, incarnate.

I recommend any and all of this stuff.

Whereas, although I thought Spaced was one of the best new UK comedy tv shows (alongside Black Books) I just didn't 'get' Shaun of the Dead - never been a zombie man myself (or computer games) and it just didn't make the cut, for me. Ran out of jokes, couldn't be a real horror film, didn't even make it as a Hammer Horror send-up of the fears.

Sorry guys.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails